As a mom, I enjoy making the most of every holiday and occasion with my family and our friends. I try to go all out and be as creative as possible, especially without spending a fortune. I find that its the small, unexpected details and touches that cause the biggest smiles and are remembered long after the occasion.
This weekend my sister helped me make the following fun and yummy treats with Snyder’s of Hanover® pretzels and Cake Mate® Easy Squeeze Decorator’s Icing:
- Snyder’s of Hanover Pretzel Rods
- Cake Mate Easy Squeeze Deciorating White Icing
- Cake Mate Black Writer Icing
- Squeeze white icing into a bowl and microwave on 5-10 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and melty
- Twirl top half of Pretzel Rods in Icing
- Stand in a cup, not touching each other, and place in refrigerator to harden
Draw on faces with Black Writer Icing
I took short cuts and cheated on making the spider web recipe. I simply positioned 6-8 pretzel sticks like spokes of a wheel and then draw circles with the white icing. You can also add gummy spiders.
Disclaimer: I am participating in Snyder’s of Hanover’s first blogging opportunity and received the Snyder’s and Cake Mate products needed to create these Halloween pretzel creations.